Monday, February 8, 2010

Poor Little Guy

She came to visit only because I told her too. I called her I was so angry, she spends a week with him and then disappears! Does not call or anything! But I knew she was drinking, I asked her and she confirmed, only on the weekend, well what about the following week? Why do I have to tell her to call her son? How sad is that, how can you walk away and not think another thing about your children. It breaks my heart and his! He was so upset that weekend all he did was cry and fuss and he is not normally like that. It took him to the middle part of the week before he was back to his normal cheerful self.
He was crying in his sleep, is he thinking of his mother leaving him? Is he dreaming about the awful places she left him while she went out and drank? How can his little mind wrap around all of this. I know I am having a hard time, trying to repress my anger at her, being depressed that I have to take care of a 3 year old, after I have raised my own. I love him with all my heart, but this is not what I wanted. Most of all its not what he wants either, he wants his mama, but I can't give that to him!
I try to be patient with him, but I know I fail in that area too, cuz I can't handle his screaming which he learned from being around her. She is a young mom, and would just let him scream and yell at her. Well its a different story with this unci, cuz I will not tolerate that so I put him on time out when he goes there!
She came on Saturday, and he was getting tired cuz he did not get his nap, I don't even remember what started him off, but he threw a major fit, me I put him on time out and he was kicking and screaming, which is not his normal behavior. I put him in the room let him scream for awhile. I went in there and sat with him and explained that he could sit in here and scream or he could stop and go spend time with his mom. He stopped said "ok unci" and was alright. She stayed about 2 hours and off she went.
Before she left I told her that yes I was angry because she has not done one thing to try to get it together and let her know I love her, and I would do all I could to support her, but she is the one who has to get it all done. I told her if I did not care I would not saying anything at all and let her go her way. She said its just a tough time for her.
Well don't we all have tough times? But do you leave your children all over and not even try to see them. She has not seen her girls in weeks! How could she? any answers anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment