Monday, March 15, 2010

Heart Break Saturday

This weekend was so sad for my grandson. On Friday he tried to call her "unci I want to talk to my mom", so we call, but its Friday night and of course she did not pick up. She recently got her car running, so of course she is on the run. Saturday comes around, he again asks to call her. But the machine picks up, only to say she is not picking up the phone. The first time he heard this he was freaked out. I had to explain that the machine was not to be afraid of. He talked about it for along time, going over and over about the machine. It was funny. What wasn't funny was that she did not answer.
She showed up in the afternoon, and he was a wreck! Crying, begging her to pick him up and there she stands texting away ignoring his pleas....... it was so heartbreaking. He was like that most of the day, nap time was a nightmare, I had to go in there and calm him down so he would sleep. He kept crying and crying for his mom.
After the nap, his sadness goes on, his crying goes on, his whining and begging her goes on. I tried to talk to him and calm him down. Finally I took him kicking and screaming into the room, and told him he could not come out until he stopped crying.
Guess what it worked! No more crying or whining for the rest of day.
That night the other baby's daddy brings joy in his arms, little sister has come to visit. Grandson had been asking about her and wanting to see her. There she was in all her glory... all 19 months and size 3 of her. Big Beautiful Girl. She remembered all of us, her mom had not seen her in a few months. No tears at the sight of her beautiful girl. I don't understand her at all!
Grandson had a good visit with her and so did I, we played with toys together, while missing mama sat there texting away.
But what really blew me way was when she mentioned that she had tickets to a local fight and did I know what time its starts. I looked at her and said "So what a choose.. huum your kids or a fight?" I was so blown over.
I believe she will never over come her selfishness her self absorbed behavior, and three babies are out there that will have to deal with it. Me too, my heart breaks : (

No comments:

Post a Comment