Friday, March 26, 2010

New Bed, Different Life

I am off to purchase a bed for this little guy. I have been resisting it because it makes it all so permanent. But I don't believe missing mom is going to change anytime soon. As I sat there thinking about this this morning she is so much like her father. The difference this time around is I was smart enough to go get a guardianship order.
He was forever in and out of her life. Yesterday I met a friend of her former foster parents after the issues with her biological sister and her molester boyfriend. She was long time friends with them. She stayed with her foster parents for about 3 years. Missing mom's father did what the court instructed and when she was about 14 years old she went back to him. She stayed with him awhile. At this time I had moved out of state to try and get my graduate degree. We had come home at Christmas time and she was on the run from him. He told me he had left her again with friends and I convinced him to let her come with me out of state. That lasted for maybe six months, once I stared pressuring him for custody, he made me bring her back. Of course he did not keep her. She started living with this man and his children. She stayed there for about two years, never went to school, started drinking and doing whatever she wanted. This man felt he could not tell her anything. I moved back into the state, and she came to live with me again while I was attending graduate school. She was 17 by now, she never went to school, so she has maybe an 8th grade education. She started studying for her GED and got a job. She stayed until she and my other daughter decided to get drunk and fought. She never did admit her part in that tragedy, my other daughter went to treatment two days after this happened.
The she told me about 6 months later she was pregnant with grandson. She did not want to live with me anymore after what happened, and of course she was pregnant with Man's son's child. Grandson's dad never did claim him. The Man did, and even took care of him when he was just a month old, because missing mom was too busy drinking to take care of her baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment