Sunday, April 25, 2010

No Change yet, there is still hope

She was supposed to come this week and take care of grandson, but no show, thank goodness I had a plan B! I have to go on a trip to a near by city found childcare there, so he will just travel with me. We went home this weekend and he did not even ask for her. Which is nice for me, cuz it just breaks my heart, and I hate lying to him. I had tried to call her but the numbers I have for her don't work.
It saddens me though that she did not call to visit with him. Something happened to him on a visit with a relative and its a terrible thing, she had him at the time, because I would not be caught dead at this person's home. He told me in passing and I wanted so badly to tell what happened, but if missing mom does not want to be found she won't be.
I had to call the court for the guardianship orders, I need to get him ready for headstart next year, which I know he will do well at.
We had a good weekend, he helped me in the garden and we had fun. He kept saying I am so happy. I am glad he is a happy, I think I am pretty much adjusted also. I told her if I have him for a year I am going to seek permanent guardianship for him in December unless she starts doing something to change. It makes my heart break but I have to let go and let live. (yes AA saying) lol. Oh well another good weekend I hope the week brings good things for him at a new place. and its my 48th birthday. Never did I think I would be raising a baby at 48!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had a backup plan. The whole thing breaks my heart. For that beautiful boy, I love him so much. For missing mom and all her pain, for all you have to pick up. You are amazing and the best thing that ever happened to that boy. Love you sister. I am always proud of you.

    ReplyDelete