Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Here and Are Changes Coming?

Grandson got to spend the week with his mom, while I was supposed to go on a business trip. But the death of my cousin had me flying back the next day. Of course on the last day of the funeral Missing Mom calls, has to go somewhere so she had to bring him back. I did get an opportunity to talk to her about her abandonment of her children. She did honestly state that what she wanted was her freedom to drink and that she wanted to go to treatment. But of course she has done nothing towards that end. I told her that if by December she had not done anything I was going to go for full guardianship for grandson. I told her that she had so many people in her life that cared about her and that I would always be here. I also asked her to move in until she could get it together. But I believe she is not ready to any of this. All I can do is pray for her and for god to give her some strength to do the right thing for herself and her babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment